Using hbm.xml mapping based on hibernate-mapping-4.0.xsd (Last version that I found of xsd), I got an error when I used <cache> and <tuplizer> tags in the order that xsd suggested.
I was able to fix the error changing the order of the tags (cache and tuplizer)
It could be related with JaxbHbmRootEntityType because it contains the order of the fields. The fields are in different order that in the xsd.
So, the solution could be:
Change the xsd
Change the Jaxb entity type
The category for this issue is Critical because it doesn't allow to run the application (it shoud be blocker), but there is a workaround.
To reproduce the issue, I have created a project in github with a test case when you can test the issue.
Just let me know if you need more information about this issue in order to provide the information and plan upgrade to the new hibernate version.
Test case in github project https://github.com/jmgoyesc/mapping-cache-tuplizer.git