Oracle LOB ordering not working with SequenceIdentityGenerator

Description

In the last few days i tried to upgrade an application with an pretty old hibernate3 version to the current hibernate4. It has quite a few entites with LOBs and updates/inserts don't work on such entites anymore. The problem of seems still to happen in our environment.

We use a SequenceIdentityGenerator for the ID columns and this seems to be the problem. I made a simpe test project to reproduce it.

The log looks like this for an insert (longText is the CLOB):

The problem should be this id-column

... and our own dialect based on Oracle10gDialect with this addition:

Also thanks to Danilo Ghirardelli for his test project, which this is based on.

Environment

Testet with Hibernate 4.1.9 and 4.2.0.CR2
Oracle 11g with ojdbc6.jar

Assignee

Lukasz Antoniak

Reporter

Torsten Schöne

Fix versions

Labels

backPortable

None

Suitable for new contributors

None

Requires Release Note

None

Pull Request

None

backportDecision

None

Components

Affects versions

Priority

Critical
Configure