Mainly this involves either disabling or throttling the new Javadoc doclint tool. See:
I had hoped to port this to 4.3 branch for more stable testing, but unfortunately things were actually less stable on 4.3. Initial attempts to build with Java 8 from a fresh check out hit the same initial problems I saw on master, namely:
problems with source-generation for JBoss Logging
problems with animal sniffer wrt ConcurrentHashMap#keySet
However, attempts to resolve the logging generation in the same manner as I did on master (doing the AP as part of the main javac execution) led to very odd problems on 4.3. Everything built/compiled fine, but we ended up with each-and-every tests failing due to "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.hibernate.testing.junit4.CustomRunner"