toLowerCase() still causes bugs in Turkish locale
When hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto is set to validate I get following exception for a boolean column.
I have found the solution. According to this blog post(http://blog.thetaphi.de/2012/07/default-locales-default-charsets-and.html) solution is using toLowerCase(Locale.ROOT) instead of toLowerCase().
I also added a task to add a findbugs check for this condition and fail the build :
BTW, not that some of his logging/exception uses are fine using ROOT rather than ENGLISH as they operate on the arguments to String#format not the message itself...
Awesome, thanks for that – will use it. Note that I'll use ENGLISH in some cases, most notably logs and exception messages.
+1 – that would clean up quite a bit.
I'm just going through and correcting every single one...