In Eclipse In IDEA, we seem to have an issue related to the JaCoCo arguments: https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/pull/1680#issuecomment-391507677
At least in IDEA, and maybe also in Eclipse, the WF server is not generated automatically by the IDE, one must run maven manually first. Which may lead to the WF server not being in sync with the code displayed in the IDE, in particular.
I actually didn't test Eclipse. I was using IDEA last night when I noticed this, and re-running a maven clean build before didn't help - I had to remove those properties.
Strange that the byteman properties worked fine, they seem to be injected in a similar way.
They're not injected the same way, I used system properties for JaCoCo. I'll try to see why exactly, but there was a reason.