Many thanks ! Checking out your reproducer .. interesting project!
Tried to reproduce the error using https://github.com/pethers/hibernate-test-case-templates/tree/master/orm/hibernate-orm-5, but worked as expected even when I changed it to use 5.4.11 and Java 11. But will try to create a standalone example using model.external.worldbank.countries.impl in a separate git repo the next few days.
Only major difference I could detect from the test-case-templates
<exclude-unlisted-classes>false</exclude-unlisted-classes> and <property name="hibernate.archive.autodetection" value="class, hbm"/>, I specify all classes I use directly in the persistence.xml.
The NPE is caused by the module-info class. Looks like the way Jandex deals with module info’s is to return null - which is a case we didn’t expect.
I’ll have a fix soon, thanks!
Updated to use 5.4.12-SNAPSHOT and now everything works again, thanks for the quick fix.
Thanks for checking and confirming!